Anne's Reviews > A Hellion in Her Bed

1720620
Jan 18, 11

bookshelves: trashy-romance-novel, read-in-2011
Read from January 12 to 18, 2011

I loved the Jarett right away, but I didn't like Annabel...right away. It wasn't that I disliked her personality, but you find out pretty quickly that she got knocked up when she was young, by her childhood sweetheart (who promptly went off to war and got himself killed). That wasn't why I didn't like her. To keep everyone from finding out about the pregnancy, she lets her brother and his wife raise her son as their own. Right away, my Mommy gene went into overload. Nooooooo! How could you let someone else have your baby?! Yeah, I know, not everyone is cut out to be a mother. Whatever. It's not what I want to read about in a romance novel. Disgusted, I put the book down and didn't even look at it for several days.
Finally, my curiosity got the better of me (read: ran out of other books ), and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this was a really good story. By the end of the book, I loved Annabel. She was spunky, smart, funny, and (ahem) a very good mother to her son. Sooooo, I was wrong (there's a first time for everything!).
I'll admit it. I teared up at the end of the book. I never do that. Never (read: it's that time of the month I cry like a baby over everything).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hellion in Her Bed.