Ciara *I love Harry Potter!*'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Jan 08, 13

bookshelves: favorites, my-favourite-series
Read in July, 2008

This book is a fantastic end to the series. There is another adventure for Harry,Ron and Hermoine as Voldemort is getting stronger.And now that Harry is seventeen, it's time for him to face his final battle against evil...
Wow. Just wow. This is, in my opinion, the best series of all time!
I'm extremely disappointed that the series is over, but at least I'll watch the films and read the books over and over again.

The moment readers everywhere stood still. The moment there was anxious silence. The excitement built, the tension rose - and then it was over. But for us, it was just the beginning - it was the release of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book.

And now that the books and films have been released, we have the chance to read over them and watch them.
Dear readers, remember this:

As long as there are still people to read Harry Potter, and people who will still cry at the deaths, and people who will feel that surge of pride when Molly Weasley duels Bellatrix, and people who still believe their Hogwarts letter is coming, then Harry Potter will never be over. It will live on. Always

I now speak directly to J.K. Rowling.
I know that she will probably never read this. I would be honoured if she did. So I will take this oppurtunity to say thank you. Thank you for creating this wonderful series. Thank you for inspiring me. I now enjoy reading and writing one hundred times more, because of the story world you have written to perfection. There is nothing left to say but;
Good job J.K. Good job.

Quotes Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" Harry interrupted again.
"So he can sneak up on people," said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...”

J.K. Rowling
“How do you feel, Georgie?" whispered Mrs. Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm HOLEY, Fred, geddit?”

J.K. Rowling
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

J.K. Rowling
“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”

“After all this time?"
"Always...”
tags: love

J.K. Rowling
“He can run faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo.”

J.K. Rowling
“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”

J.K. Rowling
“Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape.”

J.K. Rowling
“Holey? You have the the whole world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey?”

J.K. Rowling
“Albus Severus," Harry said quietly, so that nobody but Ginny could hear, and she was tactful enough to pretend to be waving to Rose, who was now on the train, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew.”

J.K. Rowling
“Cinderella? Snow White? What's that? An illness?”

J.K. Rowling
“There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet.
"Is this the moment?" Harry asked weakly, and when nothing happened except that Ron and Hermione gripped each other still more firmly and swayed on the spot, he raised his voice. "OI! There's a war going on here!"
Ron and Hermione broke apart, their arms still around each other.
"I know, mate," said Ron, who looked as though he had recently been hit on the back of the head with a Bludger, "so it's now or never, isn't it?"
"Never mind that, what about the Horcrux?" Harry shouted. "D'you think you could just --- just hold it in, until we've got the diadem?"
"Yeah --- right --- sorry ---" said Ron, and he and Hermione set about gathering up fangs, both pink in the face.”

J.K. Rowling
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.”

J.K. Rowling
“Look...at...me..." he whispered. The green eyes found the black, but after a second, something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, blank, and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more.”

J.K. Rowling
“So why in the name of Merlin’s saggy left —”
“Don’t talk to your mother like that.”

J.K. Rowling
“It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.”

J.K. Rowling
“I'm going to keep going until I succeed — or die. Don't think I don't know how this might end. I've known it for years.”

J.K. Rowling
“For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That’s a basilisk, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that’s glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it’s safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that’s still likely to be the last thing you ever do.”

J.K. Rowling
“We’re all going to keep fighting, Harry. You know that?”

“Would it hurt to die?”

J.K. Rowling
“He must have known I'd want to leave you."
"No, he must have known you would always want to come back.”

J.K. Rowling
“We did it, we bashed them wee Potter's the one, and Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!”

J.K. Rowling
“DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY, STILL RECRUITING.”

J.K. Rowling
“The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us?'
Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him.”

J.K. Rowling
“The idea of a teenage Dumbledore was simply odd, like trying to imagine a stupid Hermione or a friendly Blast-Ended Skrewt.”

J.K. Rowling
“So then I thought, I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you ever meet some veela when you're off doing whatever you're doing.'
I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest.'
There's a silver lining I've been looking for,' she whispered, and then she was kissing him as she never kissed him before, and Harry was kissing her back, and it was a blissful oblivion, better than firewhiskey; she was the only real thing in the world, Ginny, the feel of her, one hand on her back, the other in her long sweet-smelling hair...”

J.K. Rowling
“I am sorry too," said Lupin. "Sorry I will never know [my son]... but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life.”

J.K. Rowling
“So that's little Scorpious. Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank god you've inherited your mother's brains.”

J.K. Rowling
“Great, tell me when you've defeated Voldemort for me, will you?”

J.K. Rowling
“Yeah 'ear 'ear," said George, with half a glance at Fred, the corner of whose mouth twitched.”

J.K. Rowling
“Apparently wizards poke their noses in everywhere!”

“You'll stay with me?'
Until the very end,' said James.”

J.K. Rowling
“Hermione launched herself forwards and started punching every inch of him that she could reach.
'Ouch — ow — gerroff! What the — ? Hermione — OW!'
“You — complete — arse — Ronald — Weasley!”
She punctuated every word with a blow: Ron backed away, shielding his head as Hermione advanced.”

J.K. Rowling
“I've never stunned anyone except in our D.A. lessons," said Luna, sounding mildly interested. "That was noisier than I thought it would be.”

J.K. Rowling
“Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!”

J.K. Rowling
“Hermione had taken his hand again and was gripping it tightly. He could not look at her, but returned the pressure, now taking deep, sharp gulps of the night air, trying to steady himself, trying to regain control. He should have brought something to give them, and he had not thought of it, and every plant in the graveyard was leafless and frozen. But Hermione raised her wand, moved it in a circle through the air, and a wreath of Christmas roses blossomed before them. Harry caught it and laid it on his parent's grave.
As soon as he stood up he wanted to leave: He did not think he could stand another moment there. He put his arm around Hermione's shoulders, and she put hers around his waist, and they turned in silence and walked away through the snow, past Dumbledore's mother and sister, back toward the dark church and the out-of-sight kissing gate.”

J.K. Rowling
“Room of Requirement, of course! Surpassed itself, hasn't it? the Carrows were chasing me, and I knew I had just one chance for a hideout: I managed to get through the door and this is what I found! Well, it wasn't exactly like this when I arrived, it was a load smaller, there was only one hammock and just Gryffindor hangings. But it's expanded as more and more of the D.A. have arrived.”

J.K. Rowling
“Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good...”

J.K. Rowling
“And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armor jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.”

J.K. Rowling
“Didn’t you hear what they said about my sister? But you don’t give a rat’s fart, do you, it’s only the Forbidden Forest, Harry I’ve-Faced-Worse Potter doesn’t care what happens to her in here — well, I do, all right, giant spiders and mental stuff —”

J.K. Rowling
“Every second he breathed, the smell of the grass, the cool air on his face, was so precious: To think that people had years and years, time to waste, so much time it dragged, and he was clinging to each second.”

J.K. Rowling
“You are nearly there," said James. "Very close. We are...so proud of you.”

J.K. Rowling
“Listeners, that brings us to the end of another Potterwatch. We don’t know when it will be possible to broadcast again, but you can be sure we shall be back. Keep twiddling those dials: the next password will be ‘Mad-Eye.’ Keep each other safe. Keep faith. Good night.”

J.K. Rowling
“They’re evacuating the younger kids and everyone’s meeting in the Great Hall to get organized. We’re fighting.”

J.K. Rowling
“But they were not living, thought Harry: They were gone. The empty words could not disguise the fact that his parents' moldering remains lay beneath snow and stone, indifferent, unknowing. And tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot then instantly freezing on his face, and what was the point in wiping them off or pretending? He let them fall, his lips pressed hard together, looking down at the thick snow hiding from his eyes the place where the last of Lily and James lay, bones now, surely, or dust, not knowing or caring that their living son stood so near, his heart still beating, alive because of their sacrifice and close to wishing, at this moment, that he was sleeping under the snow with them.”

J.K. Rowling
“The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.”

J.K. Rowling
“This isn't your average book, it's pure gold: Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches. Explains everything you need to know about girls. IF only I'd had this last year I'd have known exactly how to get rid of Lavender and I would've known how to get going with... Well Fred and George gave me a copy, and I've learned a lot. You'd be surprised, it's not all about wandwork, either.”

J.K. Rowling
“Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.”