Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly's Reviews > Primal Bonds

Primal Bonds by Jennifer Ashley

Mar 14, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, paranormal-romance, shape-shifters, men-with-accents, prize-from-giveaway-contest, nookbook, arc, signed
Read from January 31 to February 03, 2011 — I own a copy

I was lucky enough to win an advance reading copy of Primal Bonds from Jennifer Ashley's facebook page.

Once again Jennifer Ashley brings us to her Austin, TX Shiftertown in Primal Bonds, book 2 of her Shifters Unbound series. Here we find the Feline Shifter Sean Morrissey, Guardian of his clan and powerful member of his pride. Sean's job as the Guardian could be a really lonely one. When his neighbor's niece needed to relocate from her Shiftertown in Colorado, seeking shelter, he offers her his protection. When Sean met her he found a little Lupine Snifter that could look him in the eye. That was the last thing that he had expected. And he had just mate-claimed her.

Half Fea and half wolf Shifter, Andrea Gray had long become acquainted to looking after herself but she needed a new protector in order to escape an unwanted mate-claim. She thought that a Guardian would fit the bill nicely. However, she wasn't expecting the intense attraction that she felt for her rescuer when she first looked into his blue eyes.

Andrea struggles to keep her mating of convenience platonic. Sean plans to turn his mate-claim into the real thing. Will her mixed blood and troubled past, as well as her stubbornness keep him from truly claiming his mate?

Jennifer Ashley truly outdoes herself in this novel. She made me feel hate, sadness, and elation as I read her words. As in the first book in the series, discrimination and prejudice is clearly addressed and challenges the reader to look at a fictional situation and perhaps see the similarities in our own culture. I for one appreciated the way that she addressed the volatile situations as or hero and heroine fought in all ways to be by each others sides. The story easily sweeps us along on Sean and Andrea journey to their HEA. And a HEA is what they get in this awesome and sexy book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Primal Bonds.

01/31/2011 page 102
02/02/2011 page 140
44.0% "very sad scene following the first sex scene. sex scene was real juicy!"
02/02/2011 page 140
44.0% "Just had a good juicy sex scene. Then a sad scene. I cried. I'm such a wimp!"
show 1 hidden update…