Monica Maybe's Reviews > Fade Out

Fade Out by Rachel Caine
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade Out.

Quotes Monica Liked

Rachel Caine
“Michael rose to his feet and padded down the last few steps silently, came up behind Kim, and leaned over her to say, “I vant to drink your blood” in a heavy, fake-Dracula accent. She shrieked, flailed, and a zombie ate her brains on-screen.

You sabotaged me!” Kim yelled, dropped the controller, and smacked him hard on the chest. “I can’t believe you just totally sabotaged me!”

Can’t let him lose,” Michael said, as Shane hit the high score and the victory music sounded. “Gotta live with the dude.”

They high-fived.

You’re seriously going to take that as a win,” Kim said. “When he totally cheated for you.”

Yes,” Shane said. “I seriously am.”

Rachel Caine
“I heard this girl worked for Bishop,' said one of the guys, who had a tire iron resting on his shoulder. 'Carrying around his death warrants. Like one of those Nazi collaborators.'

'You heard wrong,' Shane said. 'She’s my girl. Now back off.'

'Let’s hear from her,' said the leader of the pack, and locked stares with Claire. 'So? You working for the vamps?'

Shane sent her a quick, warning glance.

Claire took in a deep breath and said, 'Absolutely.'

'Ah hell,' Shane breathed. 'Okay, then. Run.”

Rachel Caine
“I don’t see a way in,” Eve whispered.
Why are you whispering?” Myrnin whispered back. “Vampires can hear us, anyway.”

Rachel Caine
“Silver nitrate and water in a super soaker," he told her. "My own invention. Ought to be good at twenty feet, kind of like wasp spray."
Oh. "You get me the nicest things."
"Anybody can get jewelry. Posers”

Rachel Caine
“As she turned to concentrate on the portal, Eve tugged on Claire's shirt. "What?"
"Ask him where he got the boots."
"You ask." Personally, Claire wanted the vampire bunny slippers.”

Rachel Caine
“Goodness,' Myrnin said quietly. 'I don't think I should be watching this. I don't think I'm old enough.”

Rachel Caine
“When I want to be lectured on strategy, I'll consult someone who's actually won battles,' Amelie said. 'Not one who ran away from them.'
'Snap,' Eve said.
'You know what they're talking about?' Shane asked.
'Don't need to know to get that one. She smacked him so hard his momma felt it.”

Rachel Caine
“Claire was struggling through last summer’s diary volume when Myrnin popped in through the portal, wearing a big floppy black hat and a kind of crazy/stylish pimp coat that covered him from neck to ankles, black leather gloves, and a black and silver walking stick with a dragon’s head on it. And, on his lapel was a button that said, If you can read this, thank a teacher.”