Monica Maybe's Reviews > Midnight Alley

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Alley.

Quotes Monica Liked

“Perv."
He pointed to himself. "Male and eighteen. What's your point?”

Rachel Caine
“But that quickly faded, and he frowned. "You're bleeding," he said. "What happened?"
Claire sighed and held up her wrist to show him the bandage. "Man, you would be so embarrassed if I said it was something else." Michael looked blank. "I'm a girl, Michael, it could have been all natural, you know. Tampons?”

Rachel Caine
“You shouldn't be afraid of me because I'm a vampire. You ought to be scared because you just trash-talked my girlfriend to her face.--Michael”

Rachel Caine
“If you ask me if I'm okay again, I'm going to smack myself in the face just to punish you.”

Rachel Caine
“Oliver: You turned me down. So why, I wonder, did you decide Amelie would be a better choice?
Claire: She smells better. And she made me cookies.”

“Eve: She told me last!
Shane: Boyfriend!
Michael: Landlord!
Eve: Crap. Right. Next time you sell your soul to the devil, I get first contact!”

Rachel Caine
“I like the sound of that, crashing Monica's party," he glanced at Michael, then quickly away. "What about you? That break some kind of vampire rules or something?"
"Blow me Shane."
"Boys," Eve said primly. "Language. Minor at the table."
"Well," Shane said, "I wasn't actually planning to do it."
Claire rolled her eyes. "Not like it's the first time I've heard it. Or said it."
"You shouldnt say it," Michael said, all seriousness. "No, I mean it. Girls should say 'eat me' not 'blow me'. Wouldn't recommend 'bite me' though. Not around here.”

Rachel Caine
“You know what we call pedestrians in Morganville? Mobile bloodbanks.”

Rachel Caine
“Where's your sense of adventure?"
"Off on a beach somewhere with your sanity?”

“Oh -- who's the Queen?"

"Her, of course. The White Queen. You're just like Alice, you know. Down the rabbit hole with the Mad Hatter.”