Melissa's Reviews > The Power of Six

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Nov 17, 11

bookshelves: 2011-releases, books-from-library
Read from November 13 to 17, 2011

I haven't quite decided how I feel about this book yet. I mean, on one hand, I feel like it was just "all right", but then again, I'm in a reading slump so hardly anything I read will probably make me feel good. Still, I do have some nice things to say about The Power of Six.

I liked how the book was told in alternating POVs, between John (Four) and Marina (Six). It definitely would have been a lot more boring if it were in just one POV. At least with two, there was a sustained amount of action. And yes, there's quite a bit of action in this one, as well, so that's a good thing too.

I'm not sure where Lore did a good job with foreshadowing. (view spoiler)

Also, I find it all very convenient that the remaining Six all developed Legacies, or powers if you will, that have proved to be extremely useful whenever they're in duress. Get hurt? I have the power to heal myself and others. Need to breathe underwater? No problem!

Oh and Four's relationship with Sarah. Not only does it take a backseat in this novel, Lore throws a huge wrench and I find it extremely out of character for Sarah. But then again, we didn't really get to know her since all Four did was lay his eyes on her and IT WAS LOVE! (view spoiler)

I probably will read book 3, but hopefully, it'd get better.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of Six.

11/15/2011 page 105