Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Blood Engines

Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt

Sep 25, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from September 22 to 25, 2012

The other day while looking through my PDFs, I found this book. I remember getting this copy a while ago and now that I have my Samsung Galaxy Note, I decided to check it out... and I was hooked instantly.

Marla Mason is a kick-ass sorcerer who runs the city of Felport. But someone wants her dead and the only way she can save herself is by going to San Francisco to find the Cornerstone, which is the only thing that will strengthen her counter spell.

So she finds herself in a place she doesn't even like. Luckily her assistant Rondeau knows all about San Fran.

However, as soon as they get there, Marla starts making enemies. And before too long finds herself trying to save a city that isn't hers from an Aztec threat, because it's also the only way she can save her own life...

I absolutely LOVED this book. It's action-packed, filled with weird and wonderful sorcery, ancient scary threats, a unique magic world, and awesome characters. It was wicked fun!

Marla's an intriguing heroine with an attitude, and I loved her. The secondary characters were also very cool.

Can't wait to read more of Marla's books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Engines.

09/21/2012 page 68
18.0% "Very interesting. I'm intrigued..."
09/22/2012 page 102
27.0% "I' really enjoying this bizarre world of sorcerers."
09/22/2012 page 131
35.0% "The plot thickens..."
09/23/2012 page 200
54.0% "I'm REALLY enjoying this book!"
09/23/2012 page 226
61.0% "Wow. Marla's such a kick-ass character!!"
09/24/2012 page 292
79.0% "Man... so good..."
09/24/2012 page 368