Readers Roundtable's Reviews > Blank

Blank by Sommer Marsden

Jan 11, 11

Read in January, 2011

Laurel’s Review:

Quick and hard. I happrn to like my reads like Kyle likes his sex, and this little book more than satisfied. I haven’t had many one sitting reads lately, so it was nice that I got from beginning to end in one go. Nice that I couldn’t have had the story pried out of my fingers for anything less than dire emergency.

Kyle has a hard, desperate edge about him, one that appeals to me as a character I might write. Ms. Marsden doesn’t shy from the empty hole that betrayed love can leave. Kyle wants very much to excise his pain and does more than a few foolish things to carve away the hurt. His attempts to fill the emptiness left behind are painfully hard to watch.

Marsden writes with an astonishing blend of spare prose and lush description, sparse detail but heady, rich emotion. It isn’t something that can readily be explained. You have to read it to understand.

So if you like characters with a healthy dose of angst, insurmountable will to find the missing pieces of their lives and a sizzling portion of sex, you won’t be disappointed in this little gem.

Rated 4.5 Gold Crowns by Laurel!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blank.