Gatorgal21's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

2081454
Jan 11, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: to-read

Just when I think I've got Cassandra Clare all figured out, she goes and does this. i really was not impressed with Clockwork Angel, it was really just a carbon copy set in the Victorian Era, so I had kind of assumed that she was a one-hit wonder with the Mortal Instruments. But, then I read this one, and it was really good. She introduced a new villian, a new problem, new characters, everything. It looks like she's ramping up for a new trilogy, which is really confusing. because, anyone sane would have stopped with the City of Glass, it wrapped things up really nicely. She's playing with fire by opening it back up again, risking her entire series, but so far, she's done okay. there was a nice mix of Clary and Jace's story with Simon's. I wish she would have focused on Simon more, but Jace and Clary were fine too. And, she introduced a whole new romance, which is very interesting to read about. Altogether, she did a good job. Which is wierd. I didn't expect to say this at all. Adn of course, in her typical cliff-hanger style, she left it open for the next. I don't know how she did it, but somehow she did. So, I guess, until further notice, I'm in.
Reviewed by Kathryn Taylor

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.