Lyndsey's Reviews > Faefever

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 11, 2011

bookshelves: about-faerie-fey-folk, genre-urban-fantasy, reviewed-2010, reviewed-2011, reviewed-5-stars
Read from January 11 to 24, 2011

SPOILER FREE - HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY REVIEW!

The first book was good. The second book was great. This third book was holyeffinbatmanfreakinamazing!! Sooooo, if my calculations are correct (and if you don't take into account that I'm terrible at math), I'm guessing that just touching the next book in the series should result in a violent, arms-flailing, dance-inspiring joygasm!!!

I have Dreamfever around here somewhere, let's test out my theory.  jwjueu^{*]!jiekebg sk^{wgsfs^{+ssgs bdjeue%]*^shbsu bsuygd%*ihdhjdb^*]%%uhebh enehe^]*]%usby egy^]^%beyg!!!! Sorry, my mind wasn't able to comprehend real words there for a second..... What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Faefever.

First off, let me say - Best first four words of a book ever! I'd die for him. Those four words sent my mind reeling. I really thought I knew exactly what she meant and I thought for sure I knew what it meant, and is that really what it is? And then no, it really is something soooo completely different and you don't find out til much later and what the HELL????

I know, I know. Just add a few "like"s or "and um"s in there and I would have sounded like Miley Cyrus.

Hey y'all, I'm Miley Cyrus! And that's preeta cool!

So, it got off to a great start, but KMM's answers are just never simple, are they?

Barrons just oozes sensuality. I expect if I ever came across such a man, I would act similarly to the way Mac did initially around V'lane. But I wouldn't be quite so restrained.

See, Barrons represents everything we women have been trying to train out of men for the past hundred years. The restless masculinity, randomly throwing women against a wall, expecting a woman to do as you say just because you asked her to, stalking, interrogating. But I don't care because he is effing hot.

I hate KMM! I hate her for making me love someone I should hate. I hate her for not giving me exactly what I want. I hate her for ending her books the way she does and for giving me goosebumps at said ending.

The way I hate her for all these things that I love so much reminded of the movie "Ten Things I Hate About You". So I have composed a horrifically cheesetastic poem about Barrons and Mac inspired by (okay directly ripped off from) the poem in the film.

I hate the way Barrons talks to Mac, and the fact that he's HOT with long hair.
I hate that he let's her drive his car, and I really hate his brooding stare.
I hate that he never ever laughs and the way he reads her mind.
I hate how the Sinsar Duhb makes her sick, and how it makes her lose time.
I hate the way he won't give her insight and I hate that's he's one big lie.
I hate the way he only calls her Mac when he thinks she gonna die.
I hate it when he's not around and that he doesn't answer to her call.
But most of all I hate the way that I can't possibly hate him, not even a little bit, not even at all.

Cheesy? Yes! But not as much as this:

Now that's just dangerous!

My review for the first book, Darkfever. Spoiler FREE.

For the second book, Bloodfever. Spoiler Alert!!!

The fourth book, Dreamfever. Spoiler FREE.

The fifth and final book, Shadowfever. Spoiler Alert!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faefever.

01/24/2011 page 352
100.0% "How the hell am I supposed to read a "Glossary" from Mac's journal after THAT ending?? Where's the next book?"

~Tina~ OMG! I love this review! That poem is EPIC! LOL
~runs to read this book~

Lyndsey Thanks! Ripped it off all by myself!! *blush* My favorite is the Joygasm Cat! Hahahahha!

Tatiana Good grief, Lindsey. I can't even imagine your review of Dreamfever or Shadowfever!

Lyndsey I know. I need to save up my energico for more!!

message 5: by Lyndsey (last edited Jan 24, 2011 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyndsey Thanks. I really tried not to be cheesy but when I love a book so Much - sometimes it just happens!

Flannery Mmmm, cheeto table.

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) Don't do it Lyndsey! Turn back now! I made the mistake of reading book 4 and I was filled with so many conflicting emotions that I thought I may internally combust. Seriously, I have your best interest in mind and I'm trying to save you. If you don't believe me, you can read my review for Dreamfever.

Lyndsey Hmmmm, there seems to be a lot of spontaneous combustion going on in regards to these books. That said - Noooooooooo! I have to read it! And I have to read it now!!! I don't care what anyone says about me and Barrons - our love is real!! Well, I mean, I miss him. I wish he was here. And real. :(

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) Oh my goodness, those statements make me want to drown you in spoilers. I can't wait to read your reaction when you finish Dreamfever. All hail the Queen of Cliffhangers!!
PS Thank you for renewing my love of poetry.

Lyndsey I'll write cheesy poetry for you anytime, Cat. As far as spoilers go... Lalalalallalaa, I'm not listening. NOT LISTENING!!

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim *makes a lot of weird noises* I'm not reading this review yet, I'm not reading this review yet, I'm not reading this review yet....

Lyndsey It's okay, Kim. No spoilers. Don't drown in your own drool, geez... XD

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim

Don't think I came here unprepared.

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim OMG STAKE IT! STAKE IT!

I'm sorry, but if there is one guy I can't stand it's him. (I know, there is something wrong with me, everybody loves him).

I think Lost ruined him for me. There is something about his eyes that bugs me.

Lyndsey I didn't love him on Lost but gawd -- as Damon! Phew!! *fans self* Seriously, look at him!! Look at him!

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Hehe. You left out the most interesting parts ;)

~Tina~ He's delicious!

Lyndsey Obviously, not for the part of Barrons. (I hate how everyone brings him up for EVERY new role) but I found this filed under Drool:

message 20: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Ugh, it smells like wet dog in here. ^^

Lyndsey

You can't deny that this puppy is cute!

message 22: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim SOLD! I'll adopt him ^^

message 23: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Hilarious review. Loved your ode to Barrons.

message 24: by Lyndsey (last edited Jan 25, 2011 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyndsey Thanks AH! Barrons, Barrons, he's our man! If he can't do "it" -- I'll be ticked!! }: (

Nicole I think you just wrote my all time favorite review! And just look at all the bonus entertainment in the comments, you obviously aim to please :)

Lyndsey Thank you! I'm made of a mix of positivity and sarcasm, so I can get a little wonky. Goodreads has become one of the best outlets for my craziness!

message 27: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Hahahahaha, gold.

I hate the way Barrons talks to Mac, and the fact that he's HOT with long hair.

Yup.

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) Did you see Moning's website where she has pics of her characters from the Fever series? Christian and Darroc's photos are pretty hot, but Barrons got cheated. His picture sucks!

Lyndsey I'm avoiding her site like the plague until I'm done reading Shadowfever. Then I'll be all over it, lol.

message 30: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH That's my plan too. I'm dying to go to the Fever Water cooler group, but I am holding back.

Lyndsey I know, me too! I wish I had an actual water cooler at work. I've never had a real water cooler conversation. *sobs* It sounds like so much fun.... :(

Regina Cat wrote: "Did you see Moning's website where she has pics of her characters from the Fever series? Christian and Darroc's photos are pretty hot, but Barrons got cheated. His picture sucks!"

Going to look -- thanks!

message 33: by Val (new) - rated it 5 stars

Val LMAO, if that poem wasn't enough, that picture of Ian Somerhalder just did it ;)

Lyndsey Ohmigawd, I know. He's amazingly hot!! I can't help but post pictures of him all over goodreads, lol.

message 35: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Lyndsey wrote: "Ohmigawd, I know. He's amazingly hot!! I can't help but post pictures of him all over goodreads, lol."

Did you catch Vampire Diaries last night? Oh, Damon.

message 36: by Val (new) - rated it 5 stars

Val Shhhhhhh I'm about to watch it now! lol

Lyndsey Yes! Yes! Yes! I wounldn't mind if the entire show was based around him... I love it when he's good but I really love when he's bad. How can Elena stand to not just throw him down on floor everytime she sees him?

message 38: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH I think she does in real life.

message 39: by Lyndsey (last edited Jan 29, 2011 10:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyndsey I agree! Im not sure that you can fake that kind of chemistry...

Jessica I love the "10 things I hate about you" bit!

message 41: by Lyndsey (last edited Jan 31, 2011 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyndsey Thanks Jessica! They have the best love-hate relationship. It just seemed to fit perfectly.

message 42: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi Aaaaaaaaaaw cute kitty.

message 43: by Shay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shay LOL about the "10 things" part...
10x Lindsey - Its just perfect!

Lyndsey LOL Joyzi! Gotta love those kitties.

Thanks Shay!! I love that movie. ;-)

Gloria Mundi I'm developing a love-hate relationship with this review. I love it but I hate it that I didn't think of it first. Outstanding, esp. the kitty in the beginning.

Lyndsey Lol, Gloria. IT'S ALL MINE! You can't have it. *evil laugh* I don't think it was the kitty that won you over. I think it was Miley. You're a Miley fan, aren't you? I can tell already. ;-)

Gloria Mundi Oh yeah. As I'm ironing my daughter's Hanna Montana PJs, I am secretly admiring the eyes and all that hair. *Shudder*

I'm just jealous, 'cause I love the Fever series but there are some many excellent reviews out there already and I am struggling to express my feelings about it in a coherent manner.

message 48: by Lyndsey (last edited Mar 29, 2011 03:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyndsey The people who lived in my house before I moved in left Miley Cyrus curtains in one of the rooms when they moved out. I was like "Thanks a lot. Just want I've always wanted." XD - Oh, and a Disney Princess fan, that I have to admit is kind of cool.

Yeah, I felt the same way about every Fever book, hence the jibberish near the beginning. :-)

hayden OMG SNL WIN.

Shera (Book Whispers) Loved the poem. I've got to start this series up again.

« previous 1