Jody's Reviews > Ascend

Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Jan 11, 2011

bookshelves: to-read, keepers, favorite-series, romance, ebooks
Read from January 15 to 16, 2011

Another brillant book by Amanda Hocking! Yes, I was eagerly waiting to download the conclusion to the Trylle trilogy and I wasn't disappointed. This is such a brillantly original series by Amanda Hocking I really recommend them to anyone who loves paranormal romance.

This book starts a few weeks after the last book, Torn ends. Wendy is essentially acting as Queen of Trylle as Elora has been weakened and aged by the events in Torn. Wendy is engaged to Tove and still Torn between Finn and the Vittra Markis Loki. I have to admit I was totally on team Finn and was really frustrated with Finn not trying harder for Wendy. But at the end of Torn, Loki was facinating me also. In my mind, he looks like the elf Orlando Bloom minus the Elf ears.

This book takes you through the war and negotions between Wendy and her father, Oren, King of the Vittra. Wendy also gets married to Tove and eventually ascends the throne. Even though she and Tove are marrying for the good of the kingdom, Wendy will still manage to find true love. I really don't want to give away anymore of the story because this book needs to be savored as the rest. I am so thankful that I have found this great author and also thankful I only recently found her so that I didn't have to wait long for Ascend. :)

Amanda's Vampire series: My blood Approves is also equally great and I may just have to read Hallowland even though I can do without Zombies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascend.

Quotes Jody Liked

Amanda Hocking
“Princess." He smiled up at me, but it was weak. "If i'd known that this is what it would take to get you to hold me, I would've collapsed a long time ago.”

Amanda Hocking
“Everything I went through," he said. "For you. It was worth it.”

Amanda Hocking
“You should get married more often," Loki teased. "It makes you feisty.”

Amanda Hocking
“I don't want only one night. I want all the nights. I want all of you, forever.”

Amanda Hocking
“Mark my words, Princess,” Loki said. “One day, you’ll be madly in love with me.”

Amanda Hocking
“Everything’s not exactly the way it seems ” I said.
“It seemed like you had your tongue down his throat ” Finn glared at us both.
“Well then everything is exactly as it seems ” Loki said glibly.”

Amanda Hocking
“Wendy!” Finn shouted pulling me from my moment with Loki. “What are you doing? You’re married. And not to him.”
“Nothing slips by you does it.” Loki asked.”