LeNore's Reviews > The Sapphire Talisman

The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos

Jan 11, 11

Read in January, 2011

This was better written than the first book. There was no initial choppiness or discordance. My middle school students who are fans of Urban Fantasy will love this book. I am happy to be able to give it to them because the male characters, when they are good, treat women respectfully. I hate that so many of YA fantasy books have male characters that are awful and emotionally abusive to their female counterparts while the author writes how attractive this quality is. Blah! These books are written for impressionable minds. Enough of my moral rant. I liked the book. While the story was clearly not over, the end was acceptable. Not cheery, but tolerable. This had a lot of action and I felt like the characters were in peril almost from the beginning. It actually wasn't until around page 100, but it felt like it came out of the gate in danger and action. I did not want to put this book down! Again, I really like the vampire world Pandos created! Loved the variety of characters! The weaknesses I saw in the first book were gone in this book, in my opinion. I can't wait to read the next installment and hope it doesn't take a year!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sapphire Talisman.