Ithlilian's Reviews > Elric Of Melnibone

Elric Of Melnibone by Michael Moorcock

Jan 11, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in October, 2009

In a world where no one feels guilt or compassion, there lives one man that is different from the rest. Melniboneans are known for doing only what pleases them, with no regard for the feelings of others. They have their rules and customs, but basic human emotions are foreign to them. The one man that stands apart just so happens to be the emperor, Elric. Elric must choose between his budding feelings and ruling the way the people demand. His throne will be challenged, but the questions remains, does he really want to be emperor if he can't rule his way?

Elric of Melnibone is short, sweet, and to the point. It is plot driven, but there is plenty of character development. Don't make the mistake of thinking the book is simple, however. It made me stop and think of what it would be like to be in Elric's situation various times. The plot, characters, action, and sorcery are much deeper than this book's 170 pages. Elric is well worth your time, if you haven't read it I highly recommend it, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elric Of Melnibone.