Tiny Pants's Reviews > A Blind Man Can See How Much I Love You

1381942
Jan 21, 11

bookshelves: short-stories, fiction
Read in January, 2011

This one was another "why not?" pick from the $1 shelf at the Japanese bookstore. I'm not sure what it was other than the price that made me pick this one up -- I think maybe I had Amy Bloom confused with Amy Hempel, but then again I don't even like Amy Hempel, so who knows. In any event, for some reason I decided to give literary short fiction another try.

And you know what, it wasn't too bad. I mean yes, there was the usual -- cancer, cancer, weird sex stuff, cancer, cancer, weirder sex stuff, dead baby. True, no dogs died, so maybe it wasn't quite as literary as it could've been. But despite all the depressing stuff that's the stock-in-trade of New Yorker short stories (which two of these were), this really wasn't too bad. I actually read the whole book quite quickly, and the last story in particular I quite liked. Who knows, maybe it's time for me to give the Best American series another try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Blind Man Can See How Much I Love You.