Ithlilian's Reviews > Atlantis Rising

Atlantis Rising by Alyssa Day

Jan 11, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in May, 2009

I'm certainly a fan of an Atlantis centered plot line, though in this book we never really get to see Atlantis, or hear about what it's like. This is more like an urban fantasy with main characters that live underwater for awhile. The plot is pretty simple, a warrior of Poseidon steals the trident that the king is supposed to carry. The potential king returns from 7 years of torture to recover the trident. On the way he meets a woman that can hear his thoughts and project emotions. They fall in love and live happily ever after! (With a little bad guy killing, prophecy fulfillment, and drama in between)

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There was plenty of action, the main characters were interesting with unique personalities, and there were surprises to keep the reader interested. Unfortunately the main female character was a bit annoying at times, and there wasn't enough Atlantis to call this Atlantis anything. (Maybe Atlaneans Rising) The plot was also a bit simplistic, but I really couldn't put it down. This book had be totally engrossed, and not many romance novels can do that for me. I'll have to agree with other reviewers that this could be a standalone novel, since it is centered around one warrior in particular, but if you want to know more about the physical rising of Atlantis, you may want to continue reading. I'm very happy with this novel and don't want to be let down by the next one, but I'll give it a try. Excellent read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atlantis Rising.