Lisa Kay's Reviews > To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Quotes Lisa Kay Liked

Harper Lee
“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”

Harper Lee
“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- Atticus Finch”

Harper Lee
“Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts.”

Harper Lee
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”

Harper Lee
“There are some men in this world who are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us. Your father's one of them.”

Harper Lee
“That boy is your company. And if he wants to eat up that tablecloth, you let him, you hear?”

Harper Lee
“Pass the damn ham, please.”

Harper Lee
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)... There are just some kind of men who - who're so busy worrying about the next world they've never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.”

Harper Lee
“Don’t talk like that, Dill,” said Aunt Alexandra. “It’s not becoming to a child. It’s – cynical.”

“I ain’t cynical, Miss Alexandra. Tellin’ the truth’s not cynical, is it?”

“The way you tell it, it is.”

“Hey Boo.”

Harper Lee
“I'm little but I'm old.”

Harper Lee
“Nothin’s real scary except in books.”

Harper Lee
“I just thought you'd like to know I can read. You got anything needs readin' I can do it.”