Corie's Reviews > The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons

The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons by Katie MacAlister

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books-i-read, kindle-books
Read from January 18 to February 04, 2012

Katie MacAlister is one of my absolute FAVORITE authors, and I have been in love with the Aisling Gray, the Dark Ones and the various Dragon Series. But this one of all of them fell a bit short for me. The first 25% of it was all dialogue.

Ususally in reading, if there is too much thought or narration, I find my self skimming down the page looking for conversation to break it up. But this one was ALL conversation, and some being quite long-winded for the first quarter of the book. So this time it was a bit opposite. I kept thinking, give me more insight, more setting, tell me what the main character is thinking or feeling and have it not be in a conversation. It left me feeling detatched from the story and the characters. At times I wasn't even sure who was talking and had to back track through the talking and count off.

Somewhere around 27%, it got back to normal and I really enjoyed it. It was a bit of a soap-opera and all the little character connections got to be a bit eye-rolling at times.

So, I liked the story in the end, it was pretty awakward in the beginning, but I always love the humor and the characters of her writing so I am for sure in to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons.