Holly's Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent

Apr 26, 13

bookshelves: dystopia, kindle, romance, series, science-fiction, mystery
Read from April 23 to 25, 2013, read count: 1

Why, oh why did I let this sit at the top of my to-read list for so long without reading it?! This is probably the fastest I've been able to read a book all semester (partly because I have time now that the semester is running down). But goodness, that was good.

The mystery was really good. I spotted key plot twists before they happened a lot of the time, but there were just so many of them that I couldn't predict them all. And it was so exciting! I mean, so much happened in this book! Action all over the place, whether it was having everything click into place related to the mystery or it was actually kicking butt, there was always something going on.

I really liked most of the characters too. I had no reason not to, even when I had a good reason not to (does that make sense? Like I had a smidgen of respect even for the villains in the story, mostly because they were so smart and clever). Liv was really great.

Now the question becomes...when can I get my hands on the next book?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.

Quotes Holly Liked

Rachel Vincent
“I love you, Olivia," he whispered, and my heart ached as if it would break in half. "You think we'll die if we stay together, but I've been dying slowly for the last six years. I'm taking my life back, Liv. Our life together. And this time, I'm not going to let you go.”

Rachel Vincent
“You don't know me. Don't ever think you know me. The only things you know about me are the things you made me do, and that illustrates your character, not mine.”

Rachel Vincent
“Wow," Liv said, when I dropped the mallet back into the drawer. "That looked like fun. I call dibs on the next over-the-top destruction of evidence.”

Rachel Vincent
“Her mouth was open, as if she wanted to say something, and I wanted to kiss her to show her that sometimes you don't need words. Sometimes they only get in the way, and you end up talking yourself out of things you need. People you want.”

Rachel Vincent
“The other three incoming calls were from his building superintendent, his pharmacy and a telephone survey company."
"Bastards. They always call during dinner."
Liv laughed as I slid the sliced steak onto a platter and topped it with sautéed vegetables. "Forget crime lords and corrupt politicians - telemarketers are the root of all evil."
"Now you're getting it.”