Sharon 's Reviews > Acheron

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Jan 14, 11

bookshelves: nook, paranormal-romance
Read from January 11 to 14, 2011

Finally! I have made it to Acheron!

Acheron's past is more horrible than I could have imagined. I really thought that although it was tough to read, it was worth it to get to the bones of this character. Without Ryssa, Ash would have suffered more than what he had. Part 1= 5 stars

Acheron's present day was at times very sweet. I liked that he became flustered at not seeing the future of Tory and how he actually got a little goofy around her. (Tory was pretty great by the way) What I didn't like...was the cheesy undertones. I can totally envision Ash watching and helping kids play ball and video games...he is 11,000 years old, and it does show some of his humanity. What I cannot picture him doing is sereneding Tory. I know it was a "fantasy" she had. But comeon...Nickleback? Were there no other "gothic" inspired tunes that he could have sang?? This karaoke bit was out of character for me....but I just went with it. Part 2= 3 stars

Nick....He got on my last nerve.
Artemis....She is just wretched.
Jaden....*eyes perk up* He had me at hello--Can't wait to read more about him!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acheron.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Renee (Reneem1) I feel ya. The rocker part was like...what?!?

Sharon I know, and I was just thinking...why in the world would Appolymi keep Soteria a virgin, but allow all this horrible stuff to happen to her own son???

Gladys  (glad4twilight) I also was rolling my eyes when I read that scene, it took away from the seriousness of the book. I also was waiting for Ash to use his "skills" and what he was trained to do on Tory but it was never revealed. I agree with you Sharon. what I will say about Ash is this; I haven't read a character yet that is good as he is even after what was done to him. I applaud him for still having a heart to love with.

Sharon I applaud him too. And I attribute the love he was able to give as a gift from Ryssa. Without the love that she showed him (even tho at times it ended up badly for Ash) it planted a seed of goodness in him.

Gladys  (glad4twilight) There were a lot of times when I felt like why doesn't he fight for himself. But I guess that's why I maybe love him more it's the mental abuse that held him back and therefore I felt even more sorry for him. Also even after all that abuse he still was able to trust....amazing.

Nonieღserenity2bliss The second part of the book was a little weird because we're seeing a different side of Ash. And like you, I'm not a fan of the serenade part; it was cheesy and I don't know, out of character, if you will :)

Nick....He got on my last nerve.

*nods* I just want him to die. Preferably by Ash's own hands.

Gladys  (glad4twilight) yes Definately out of character and I felt like the Author was induldgeing herself as she does in a lot of the books.