Jen (Red Hot Books)'s Reviews > A Hunger Like No Other

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

Jan 11, 11

bookshelves: immortals-after-dark, favorites, pararnormal-romance
Read in December, 2010

I read a lot. So much so that it makes my husband angry and my friends tease me. I tell you this so you know I mean business when I say Kresley Cole's "A Hunger Like No Other" is the best Paranormal Romance book ever. The story centers around Lykae king Lachlain MacRieve. At the start of the book, he is chained in the pits of hell (for lack of a better word) and has been burning to near-death and resurrecting for hundreds of years. But then he scents his fated mated above ground. He busts free and finds her... only to discover she is part vampire. Lachlain hates the vampires, though, since they chained him that fiery prison and all....

Anyway, Emma is sweet, timid and not at all worldly. An innocent in just about every way. Lachlain kidnaps her and uses her to help him acclimate to the new era he's facing. He pushes the envelope of a sexual relationship with her... and slowly begins to form an emotional relationship as well.

Emma helps Lachlain journey back to his home in Scotland. (His accent is to die for, BTW.) And he reunites with his people he hasn't seen in centuries.

While all this is happening, bad-guy vamps are trying to kidnap Emma. It creates lots of drama and sets up a great twist at the end.

The world of the "Lore" that Kresley Cole establishes is unique and so easy to lose yourself in. The events in this book integrate seamlessly into other books in the series. I can't recommend the Immortals After Dark books enough. And this is the book that made me fall in love with them all.

I'd give it more than 5 stars if I could.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hunger Like No Other.