Georgina's Reviews > Single White Vampire

Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands

Jan 11, 11

Another 2 and a half but not as bad as some I've rated 2 stars, so it got a 3.

In my opinion, Single White Vampire rates somewhere between The Rogue Vampire and Love Bites. Perhaps I'm growing weary of paranormal romance in general. It's been a while since I've read a story with substance in this genre, which is a shame because the potential for well-developed, intelligent, complex characters and fantastic storylines is there for the taking. Maybe the demand is overwhelmingly for the characters to just get it on and a twist of the paranormal makes it more exciting.

Anyway, back to the book. Kate is irritating - pushy, rude, inconsiderate (and no that doesn't mean she's assertive). I'd say exactly the same of a male character with those traits and no Lucern is surly and rude but I sympathise with him because he's 600 and has had enough of life in general, and when Kate refuses his "no's", pushing her way through his front door, he gets a tad annoyed - understandable really. Any "softening" of her character as the story developed didn't change my opinion; I couldn't warm up to Kate at all.

I'm not really getting into Sands' humour with these last couple of books. I can see the situations are awkward and funny but I really think you have to be there, as they say.

I finished Single White Vampire so that's a plus but I'm not in a hurry to read any more of her books, which is disappointing because I enjoyed Love Bites so much.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Single White Vampire.