ValerieC's Reviews > Marly's Choice

bookshelves: men-of-august, lora-leigh, cowboys
Recommended for: No One Who Has To Pay For it
Read on January 25, 2011 , read count: 1

Rating: 2.0

Just not a good book. Too many errors in what happened in one scene and the description of it later. Not well written... 1/2 of it was the angst from the hero, which got soooo boring. And his 'proclivities' didn't seem so bizarre if you read many of these books, except for the sharing with his brothers. Just another angst-ridden Dom. I also don't find a 10 year gap in age to be such a big deal given how immature men are compared to women.

I have a lot of Lora Leigh books, but this was a real let-down.

Unlikeable (sicko) 'hero' and weak,'heroine'. At least she resisted the gratuitous f/f sex and the voyeur, as she wanted to (sorry if that offends some, but it's not my thing at all and I don't want to read about it), so I am not sure books 2 and 3 will be something I can stomach without skipping a lot of stuff. The only reason I will read book 2 is that I like the twins, and want to see who this mysterious Sarah is, and who the next villain is, plus I stupidly already bought the book.

And, BTW, although it wasn't clear what part of Texas this book is supposed to be at, there are no widespread wolf populations in the state... maybe a few, well-watched recent repatriates in the Davis Mountains park lands, a former natural habitat. Wolves are pack animals, and would be hunted down on any ranch that has livestock (no matter what preservation laws are in effect). Same goes for bears. Coyotes are the biggest problem. It isn't unheard of to see Coyotes (varmints) that have been shot and hung on fences all in a row. This is something authors need to be careful about... know what you are talking about, or just leave it out.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marly's Choice.