Glynis's Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Oct 29, 12

Read in October, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Quotes Glynis Liked

We accept the love we think we deserve.
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

Stephen Chbosky
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.”

Stephen Chbosky
“And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I would die for you. But I won't live for you.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.”
tags: moi

Stephen Chbosky
“And I thought that all those little kids are going to grow up someday. And all of those little kids are going to do the things that we do. And they will all kiss someone someday. But for now, sledding is enough. I think it would be great if sledding were always enough, but it isn't.”

Stephen Chbosky
“Enjoy it. Because it's happening.”

Stephen Chbosky
“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”

Stephen Chbosky
“It's like he would take a photograph of Sam, and the photograph
would be beautiful. And he would think that the reason the
photograph was beautiful was because of how he took it. If I took
it, I would know that the only reason it's beautiful is because of
Sam.”

Stephen Chbosky
“It was the kind of kiss that made
me know that I was never so happy in my whole life.”

Stephen Chbosky
“We didn't talk about anything heavy or light. We were just there together. And that was enough”

Stephen Chbosky
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

Stephen Chbosky
“Just tell me how to be different in a way that makes sense.”

Stephen Chbosky
“There's nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.”

Stephen Chbosky
“And I guess I realized at that moment that I really did love her. Because there was nothing to gain, and that didn't matter.”

Stephen Chbosky
“It's just that I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too.”

Stephen Chbosky
“I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning.”

Stephen Chbosky
“She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time. ”

01/10/2011 page 14