Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;)'s Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent

Sep 08, 11

Read from September 03 to 08, 2011

2.5 stars. At first I didn't know how I felt about this book. Now that I've had time to mull it over, I can say with certainty that I didn't like it. It wasn't a letdown, but it was definitely disappointing. It started out amazing, the concept new and original (imo). But by the middle of the book, I felt like it was just being dragged out. I found myself longing for it to be over, and by the last 50 pages, I pretty much just skimmed it until it was over.

Things I liked:
1. The "magic" system. It was so interesting, with all of the different Skills to learn about. I personally have never read anything like that, so it was really cool to learn about the different aspects of each Skill.
2. I liked Kori better than Olivia. I think she should've been the protagonist.
3. The story was interesting enough that it caught my attention to finish it, and [possibly] read the next book.

Things that bothered me to no end:
1. Olivia. She was an annoying protagonist. She was stubborn, bitchy, and naive. I just found her overall un-likeable. Actually, I hated her.
2. Cameron. He was so whipped, it was pathetic. I didn't find him even remotely interesting.
3. Cam and Liv's "relationship." (view spoiler)
4. The timing. Seriously, this happened over TWO DAYS? I find that hard to believe. So much happened, I feel like it should have been at least a week. In reality, there is no way all of that would have went down in two days.
5. The world-building. There was none! All I know is that there's the Syndicates. One in the east, one in the west, and a neutral zone in the south.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.

09/03/2011 page 30
9.0% "Very unique and I'm really liking it so far. Although, the change of perspective was a bit confusing."
09/06/2011 page 250
78.0% "Getting a bit bored..."
show 2 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Tonya Hi! I agree with your points I would have loved to have Kori as the main character instead & did the switching points of view mishmash bother you? I was really annoyed by that change, I saw no benefit to the POV changes.

Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;) Tonya wrote: "Hi! I agree with your points I would have loved to have Kori as the main character instead & did the switching points of view mishmash bother you? I was really annoyed by that change, I saw no bene..."

Oh my gosh, the POV drove me crazy! I don't mind if an author does it in third person, but first person gets confusing... especially when Ms. Vincent would change it in the middle of the damn chapter! LOL