Mariya's Reviews > Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Aug 22, 11

Read from June 02 to 05, 2011

HALF-BLOOD was definitely the best mythology YA book I have read this year. I love mythology and I just loved so many things about this book that it kept me reading til the very end.

Do you miss Vampire Academy since it ended? Can't find a book that is similar to your lovely Vampire Academy Series? Look no more. If you want something similar to Vampire Academy then read HALF-BLOOD. You have a kick-ass heroine, two swoon worthy love interests, funny dialogue, and enough action to keep you in your seat.

"If you ever say something that stupid again, I will smother you in your sleep."
His golden brows rose. "Little Alex, are you suggesting that we are sleeping together."
Stunned by how he came to that conclusion, I lowered the towel. "What? No!"

One problem I had with HALF-BLOOD being like Vampire Academy was that is was too much like it. I really never ever try to compare book series, but I felt like so many things from the first couple of chapters was the exact thing that happened in Vampire Academy and it bothered me a bit.

Alex is our heroine of this amazing new series and to be honest me and her didn't click. Most of the time I thought she was a spoiled little brat to the point where I got the impression that she felt that she was better than everyone else in the sense of her training/fighting skills. I thought her decision making skills were dumb though, but hey no ones perfect. Though I ended up warming up to her a little bit towards the second half of the book.

And finally my favorite part of the book, the love interests. Aiden is amazing. He's the love interest you know the heroine will probably end up with. I loved him. He is sweet, protective, strong, and has that "I'm serious" look going for him all the time. But Alex and Aiden's love is forbidden. And then there's Seth. Total bad boy and if you know me you know I love my bad boys. I love Seth. Okay. I love them both. Wait. I know how to solve this. Alex can have Aiden and I can have Seth. Win-Win. But I am really seriously a bit torn between the two.

"Turning and tugging on my shirt, I--
"Please don't stop with just the shirt."
"Holy crap!" I clutched my chest in surprise.

I think the first book in the Covenant Series was an excellent start to the series and I am really looking forward to more. Oh, and yes. I am not going to reveal any of the precious contents of the book because they're top secret and you're going to have to read to find out. There were many things that I found shocking and that kept me at the edge of my seat and I can't wait to read more.

More of my reviews at Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

06/02/2011 "Effin' Shit! I hate her uncle! Higher ups always thinking they're better than the half's pisses me off XPPPPPPPP"
06/02/2011 page 83
30.0% "This seriously seems too similar to Vampire Academy. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" 7 comments
06/04/2011 page 163
58.0% "the heroine is annoying me way too much XPPPPPP"
06/04/2011 page 207
74.0% "okaiexz...now it's getting awesome, but will take me some time to warm up to Alex =DDDDDD" 12 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stormy I love Seth, too. :)

message 2: by Lynn ಠ_ಠ (last edited Mar 15, 2012 09:00PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lynn ಠ_ಠ I love Seth, three? :D

I have the same issues with Alex, her attitude bugs me, even in book 2. (came here after reading your review for Pure)