Allison's Reviews > The Eternity Code

2026699
Jan 16, 11

bookshelves: audiobooks, young-adult, favorites-of-2011
Read in January, 2011

Okay, I am officially hooked on Artemis Fowl. I've been listening to the audiobook version of this series and they are very well done- some of the only books to hold up to a comparison of Jim Dale's performances in the Harry Potter series of audiobooks. IMO.
I don't think I reviewed the previous 2 books in the series- they are very entertaining but it's really this one that has grabbed me and won't let me go. Artemis is a Irish 12 year old boy who comes from a long line of criminal masterminds. His family is wealthy from generations of stealing. In the first book he figures out how to steal from the faeries (for they are real) and we introduced to many colorful and wonderful characters.
In this third installment, Artemis has decided to turn from his illegal ways, but not without one last adventure. This plan of his goes bad in a big way (Artemis is shocked, because he is a genius and his plans have NEVER gone bad before) threatening the faery world and his closest friend, Butler.
This story really illustrates the relationships between the characters and the Artemis's growth as a person.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternity Code.