Molly's Reviews > Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

F_50x66
Jan 29, 08

Read in January, 2008

** spoiler alert ** Well, this is one interesting book. At times I was quite annoyed with the author's immaturity and childishness. At other times I was impressed with her forthright and mature analysis of herself and her willingness to look without flinching at those aspects of her self that have not served her well. Her willingness to say "Hey, I can be better, I can do so much better but I am who I am and within those parameters I can improve and I am also okay." Her humor and her willingness to fully share her skeletons, her flaws, her falls, with the rest of us flawed human beings(whether we like it or not)is refreshing. Would I be willing to share my deepest fears, my most embarrasing thoughts and questionable judgements with the world? I don't think so but she was and I congratulate her because many of us can relate in some way to her struggle to find meaning in our lives. I put it down and picked it up again a number of times before finally finishing it but I am glad I finished it. In the end I found it worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat, Pray, Love.