~V~'s Reviews > Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Mar 20, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from March 16 to 20, 2011

What a great start to a series! I've heard from so many people how wonderful these were and i'm happy to FINALLY say that i now know what they've all been going on about!! A lot of times the first book in a series is a little bit slow going because of the introduction of all of the characters and all of the world building..but that was not the case with this book..it was such a fun, easy and very quick paced read..so enjoyable with such great characters!! Mallory, Merit's BFF...hilarious!!..Catcher...YUM...the new vamp friend, Lindsey..also very funny!!...there are just too many to list off..but every single one of them were so much fun to get to know and i'm really looking forward to spending a lot more time with them all! Ahhh...and we can't forget about Ethan...~sigh~...what to say about Ethan?..he's stubborn, arrogant, OLD..and oh so yummy...and unless that vamp steps up his game he might be given a run for his money, for Merit's affections, by another very yummy vamp..Morgan..who is seeming to be somewhat of a mystery so far..how much of a roll, in Merit's life, he'll continue to play..i'm not sure but this is one triangle, if you can even call it that this early in the game, that i will definitely be following!

I'm giving this book a 4 1/2 star rating...and the reason it's not getting 5 from me is because i'm not quite satisfied with how things are being left for Merit. Yes...i KNOW..it's an UF, which means her story will go on..i get that..but i'm a HEA girl!..which is why it's being "docked" that 1/2 star. There are still quite a few books to go before this series is even close to being finished, two more of which i currently have and will be reading immediately!..but i'm hoping that Chloe Neill will not be dragging things out for too long before be giving us some sort of happiness for Merit...whether it be with Morgan...ETHAN!..another vamp we haven't yet met...ETHAN!...maybe some sexy shifter...ok..who am i kidding..it had better be ETHAN! I just hope we're not made to wait forever before those two get their act together and DO SOMETHING!!! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Girls Bite.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leigh woot!!! can't wait for you to read these. i think you'll love them, V! :)

~V~ i can't wait either!! :)..i'm hoping to get started right after Shadowfever.

Leigh WOOT!!! Awesome! :)

~V~ Sheesh woman!!..you are quick!! LMAO!!

message 7: by Leigh (last edited Mar 21, 2011 07:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh Great review!! LOL! Yes, gotta love that 400 yr old vamp! Sooooo damn sexy!! :P

message 8: by ~V~ (last edited Mar 21, 2011 05:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~V~ Thanks Leigh..yup!..old but SO HOT!!..i can't WAIT for something to happen between those two!!!! ;)

Stacey Great review!!! Happy reading book 2 :) I want to write so much more, re: Ethan and Merit and so many unanswered questions, to make sure your visit to Frustrationville is not wasted, but I like you too much! Can't do that you! LOL!!

~V~ Thanks Stace!..i'm torn between being bummed out that ur not sharing info with me and being REALLY EXCITED that you said you "like me too much!!" ;) LOL!!

Stacey LOL!! I like you, V, I really, really like you! LOL!! :D

~V~ Stacey wrote: "LOL!! I like you, V, I really, really like you! LOL!! :D"

LMAO!!...YAY!! :)

Shannon C. Yeah, glad you liked it. :)

~V~ Yup Shannon!..i really really liked it!! :)

Ctanner I like this series. It is a 4 star series for me. I do get frustrated with Merit and Ethan and how they communicate with one another.