Angelo Vassallo's Reviews > Antonio im Wunderland

Antonio im Wunderland by Jan Weiler

Jan 10, 2011

bookshelves: relaxing
Read in March, 2010 , read count: 1

After reading "Maria, ihm schmeckt's nicht", I was so excited to continue the history of Antonio Marcipane that I went immediately to the Library in order to pick up this book. It is quite different in comparison to the first one, overall in the first part where Jan Weiler seems to prefer a storyline which brings to think rather than to relax yourself. In this first part he shows the problem of integration that Antonio and his family had to face in Germany. Luckily, some funny episodes make this part easy to read. The second part is dedicated to the fulfilment of Antonio's biggest dream: a trip to America. Once again, I can tell you how well Jan Weiler can describe the character of an Italian abroad. For example, the fact to think that each waiter could be Italian, it is also sometime in my mind, but I don't ask as Antonio does ;). The second part is for sure easier to read and the sympathy of the couple Antonio-Jan, with a special guest this time, allow you to read the book so fast that you would like to restart again once you finished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Antonio im Wunderland.