Bethany C's Reviews > Hallowed Circle

Hallowed Circle by Linda  Robertson

Jan 20, 11

Read from January 10 to 20, 2011

This one started off just okay for me. I liked Johnny's innuendos (what can I say, I'm not terrible mature and constantly say 'that's what she said), but other than that the dialogue seemed a little unnatural. The author occasionally loses me just slightly when I feel that descriptions of a scene or object(s) go on just a little bit too long, the exact same way Ilona Andrews does. However, that's really the only criticism I could offer either of them. And some people really like lots of description and scene setting to help them visualize what's happening- this is just a personal preference of mine.
Once the main plots of the book started unfolding things picked up for me in a hurry and I was way more into the book. I think it's possible part of my trouble with the beginning was that it had been a while since I read the first book in the series and I didn't really know what was going on. I remembered the characters, but all of the 'lustrata' business was for the most part lost on me. By the end of the book, however, it didn't really matter. I think Robertson does a really good job of giving the reader a sense of the character's personalities quickly, even when a few are being introduced at the same time.
So, after the slightly slow start, when all was said and done I really enjoyed the book, and will definitely read the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallowed Circle.

01/10/2011 page 60