Alyssa Turner's Reviews > Be With Me

Be With Me by Maya Banks

Jan 12, 11

Read from January 10 to 12, 2011

I bought this book partly out of curiosity and partly for wanton pleasure. And so since I had two different reasons, I feel like I should give it two different reviews.

One the one hand, I was more than interested about how Banks would wind this tale in a realistic way. Three men in love and sharing one woman is definitely a challenge to write. I imagine that she dreamt up this concept (as many women have) and then sculpted a story around it. The only problem with that is I felt like I was on a merry-go-round of emotion, the same scenes playing out again and again, heart-tugging as they may have been. The sub plot of a dangerous stalker almost got in the way of the story, which was mainly plotted around the struggle of such an unusual romantic arrangement. Such a tantalizing concept really could have been the story all by itself.

Now, on the other hand, there is the sex. And now, let me just say that no detail or deep-seeded fantasy is spared. Hubby was not so rudely awaken after reading the final blockbuster event. A slow and steady burn ignited through out this novel and culminated in an explosive scene, assured not to disappoint. And in the end, that is what I am left with, those delicious images swirling in my mind.

I am glad I own this book and will "reference" it from time to time, I'm sure. ;) After all, if I were looking for a good thriller, I'd have been browsing in a different aisle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be With Me.

01/10/2011 page 105