Paranormal Haven's Reviews > Darkness Dawns

Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall

Jul 17, 11

bookshelves: reviewed-read-by-athenna, reviewed-read-by-stephanie
Read from July 12 to 17, 2011

Sarah thought she would go out to garden early before dawn since she couldn't sleep anyway only to be mowed down by something very fast and strong then followed by two men. Brushing it off as hunters chasing a wild animal she went on with her gardening. It wasn't in till the men started talking and making her realize that it was a man that had ran into her and these men plan on killing him. On impulse she grabs her shovel and goes to his aid.

Roland cannot fathom the kindness this beautiful stranger is showing him. She's saved him, took him in her home and nursed him back to health. Being a antisocial person he never expected any one to ever come to his aid like that. Now after spending some time with her he finds himself more drawn to her every passing moment. But it could never work as he has seen in the past if she knew what he really is she’d flee or attempt to kill him. But no matter what he has vowed to keep her safe, he drug her into this and he will keep her safe. In the meantime he must find out who this vampire is that is hell bent on killing him, almost like it’s a personal vendetta.

Will Sarah accept him if she knew what he really is, or will Bastien, the vampire stalking Ronland, catch them before Roland has a chance to find out?

This book was good. I was pleasantly surprised. The overall book had a feel of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter book, but with its own story and plot. The characters were strong independent characters. I hope to see more of the other characters with their own books. There is a underlined story that present for each of the side characters in the book to tease me and make me hope they get a book so the story can expand and I can find out more about each character. I think this was a great starting series I would love to read any sequels.

**Athenna**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Dawns.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by jD (new) - rated it 4 stars

jD It's a shame the next one does not come out until Dec 2011. I loved it but can only hope I remember that later this year so I buy it. LoL. Good review and rating.