Nicola 's Reviews > This Perfect World

This Perfect World by Suzanne Bugler

Aug 30, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, chick-lit
Read from March 22 to 23, 2011, read count: 1

I was a bit unsure about starting this book, because I wasn't sure if it would really be my kind of thing. However, after only the first page, I was completely captivated.

It was so refreshing and different to read from the point of view of a character who is terribly flawed, yet still be able to empathize with her. Laura is living in a world of French classes for toddlers and play-dates only with the ''right kind'' of children.

She thinks she has left her past behind her, until the mother of a girl she bullied horribly phones her and asks her to help get her daughter- Heddy- out of a psychiatric hospital. Laura knows she contributed to Heddy's breakdown, yet only agrees to help in order to get Heddy out of her life for good. The story that follows was completely compelling and I loved every second of it. Laura really grows as a character, and I found the stories of her past very intriguing- even if they were a little disturbing.

I loved every minute of this book and would recommend it to anybody.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Perfect World.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page) How on eath could you empathize with someone who is flawed?
SO GLAD you enjoyed it!