Mikaela's Reviews > Spirit Dances

The Particulars: Urban Fantasy, Luna, available both in print and e-book

Why was it in my TBR? I love, love C.E Murphy

The Review:

The blurb:
As half of Seattle's only paranormal detective team, Joanne Walker is a sassy urban shaman who has tangled with her share of odious creatures. Dark alleys might not raise her pulse, but her new assignment does: Recently, homeless people have been disappearing even more quickly than they can be identified and the killer seems to be materializing as a creature one would expect to meet only in hell. Vivid, realistic first-person narrative; empathetic characters.
My impressions:
To say that I loved this book would be an understatement. But, I have also struggled with this review. How do I tell that without spoilers? Well. I’ll try.
This book rocked me, from the start to the end. It made me laugh, and go aww. The book was a tightly written rollercoaster. Filled with interesting characters, and unexpected plottwists. I didn’t dare stop reading, in fear of missing something. The only thing that annoyed me was the end. But, it was the good kind of annoyance. The end is a big, honking cliff-hanger. The kind that want you drop this book, and pick up the sequel. The problem? It is a year to the next one..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Dances.