Jill's Reviews > Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

May 26, 2009

bookshelves: audible, kick-ass-titles, absolutely-incredible
Recommended to Jill by: Entertainment Weekly and Jen Meyer
Recommended for: anyone who has a sense of humor about sex, dumb people, drugs & family.
Read in May, 2008

Yes please.

I started this because I need something to laugh at. I was sitting at my desk this morning just laughing out loud and generally annoying my co-workers. They're just jealous that I can listen to my ipod in the morning while they have to count money.

So far my favorite line of hers is something like, "Today I got my first DWI. I've only had one, but I don't want to rule anything out." Not that DWIs are funny. Well, in this case, they are.

I'm a bad person.

*********

This book is frigging amazing. I needed to laugh SO BADLY and this was just the right medicine. Don't even bother buying it in book form. Pick up the audio. Her delivery is unaffected--absolutely perfect.

Oh my god the stories she tells. She is vicious in a way I can only hope to be some day.

I bow down to Chelsea Handler.

**********

May 25, 2009--listened to this again on the plane after reading 'My Horizontal Life.' Second time around, she's still got it! I love the story about her massage in with 'Memoirs of a Geisha' and 'Tons of Fun.' God, so funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.

05/09 marked as: read

Comments <span class="mediumText">(showing 1-3)</span>

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam so since you have this from audibles....and it was on the top 5 list you gave me....do you see where this is going? ;-)

Jill sure you can borrow it-but i need your ipod!!! (or do you just need my password?)

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam either way would work.