Marsha's Reviews > My Blood Approves

1985662
Jan 11, 11

bookshelves: e-book
Read from January 10 to 11, 2011

I'm having a hard time reviewing this book. At times, I wanted to laugh and say that this was WAY too similar to certain other teenage girl meets vampire books. But, then I would read a few more pages and think, okay - here's something different and I like her twist on it and I like reading more about these thoughts/feelings/actions that were lacking in those certain other books. 3 1/2 stars is what I would prefer to give this book, but alas - I'm going with 4. The reason I choose to give it 4 rather than 3 is that I enjoyed the characters and the premise and I was glad that I didn't have to read "are you scared yet" a hundred times - Thank you Hocking.

After being dragged around by her friend, Jane, Alice meets Jack (and soon after, his family) who are vampires. She doesn't know it right away, but soon enough - the signs are there. She can't explain her desire to spend time with him, but it isn't like the attraction that everyone else seems to experience when they are around him. But, then she meets Peter, Jack's brother. Talk about love triangle!

I did get a bit irritated with Alice at times - she just seems a bit too angry, but then again - she doesn't have the most wonderful home life with her mom, so maybe she has an excuse for her anger. And I wish that Mae would keep her hands to herself a bit more, but other than that - I enjoyed the characters (especially Milo, Alice's brother).

I have already started reading Fate, the second book in this series and all I can say is that as much as I liked this book, I am enjoying Fate even more.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Blood Approves.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Abbey Rhenhartt Rheinhartt I thought the same thing!!! Loved it anyway!!!