« Dani »'s Reviews > The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

Jan 13, 11

Read from January 12 to 13, 2011

Natalie Hargrove is an ambitious, beatiful and popular teenage girl who is determined to win her position as Palmatto Princess, alongside her handsome boyfriend Mike King. Though when it looks like another nominee may ruin her plans she devises a little plan to humiliate him. But when the prank goes devestatingly wrong, Natalie begins to find herself trapped in a world of lies, guilt & shame, and the final thing that defeats Natalie is not loss of control, though, fate..

This is the 3rd book I have read of Lauren Kates, and must I say, i enjoyed it extremely. I loved all the characters from Natalie, to Mike, even J.B and many more. I found the story different, for I have never read a book with a plot similar to this. The story had many twist, turns, loops and drops, making it exciting from the start, when you are just beginning to know Natalie, to the end, when it takes a drastic turn. I really liked the Prologue & Epilogue, as it didn't drag & wasn't boring like many others. I found the book shot straight into the story, not giving any uneeded imformation that would just confuse you. At the end, I literally jumped out of my seat in amazement as the book came to a close, as I couldn't believe what happened in conclusion.
So, to sum it all up in a few words I'm going to say it was: Fast paced. Exciting. Romantic and sad.

I really wanted to make this little review a spoiler, for the ending was just mind blowing & totally unexpected, though I couldn't bring myself to do it.
I really hope you enjoyed my second review, and thanks for reading!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove.