Cat's Reviews > Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps

Undisputed by Chris Jericho

3204307
Jan 21, 11

Read from January 14 to 19, 2011

I won an advance copy of this book from Goodreads. I have read quite a few wrestler memoirs so I have a fair bit to compare it to. The stories and tales in the book were enjoyable but Chris Jericho is no writer. It was hard to get past the made up words he took it upon himself too create. He used them throughout the book and it was a little bit annoying. Froot is a word he used to replace cool. Not cool. Or froot. It was funny how everytime he mentioned Mick Foley he would add that Mick had never defeated him. That was humourous. Otherwise he wrote like he speaks I would imagine. Doesn't always come across the same on paper.

Anyway, some of the tales were interesting as he met so many different people. I was curious as to what he had to say about the Benoit tragedy but he was left in the dark with that one like everyone else really.

I had no idea he was in such a succussful rock band so that was interesting to find out. It sounded like he was one of the sane ones in the wrestling industry and I tried hard to like him and thought I was there when I read his wife and he had twin girls. They were premature and beautiful and perfect. Then he left them all the next day and went back to work. I had twin boys born prematurely and let me tell you, as a parent nothing and I mean nothing could tear you away from your tiny babies fighting for health and life. The fact that he just left them and his wife the day after they were born....I dont know. My glimpse of liking this person disappeared when I read that. I have made bad choices in life as we all have, but leaving your babies. Not an option.

I feel like I have been harsh in this review and I do not like that but am not really sure how to make it sound better. That was my opinion. I have not read his first book A Lions Tale so maybe that one is better with no froot. If you want a good wrestling tale read Bret Hart's or Hulk Hogan's.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undisputed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allizc (new)

Allizc Great Review Cat thanks~!