Midnight's Reviews > Blood Feud

Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey

Jan 09, 2011

Read in November, 2010

I can't believe I didn't add this book after I finished reading it. I really enjoy this series. I like really like the Drake family, and I like the twist added to the vampire characteristics and the how, in this family, they become vampires. Even the different variety of vampires is interesting. Of course, the love story is also fun. With the Drake children, love never runs smoothly. And of course, we still get to see Lucy and Nicholas.

In this second book in the series, the romance revolves around Logan Drake and Isabeau. Isabeau is introduced briefly at the end of the first book, and she has a back story that is also retold throughout the book. I almost wish they had told her back story all at one time so we the readers could then concentrate on the current story evolving. Isabeau is a hard character to like because she is so distance from others around her; she does not want to become involved with Logan even though he sees her as his perfect match. Throughout their developing romance, we also have the problem with Montmartre who still wants to marry Solange so he can become king, and Isabeau search for revenge against the vampire who changed her and then left her buried underground for over a hundred years.

The book is a fun read, it presents some interesting characters, and has a fast paced story line. As I said before, I enjoyed the book, and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books as they come out. I'm hoping there is one for each brother, and that includes Nicholas.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Feud.