Claudia's Reviews > Bloody Valentine

Bloody Valentine by Melissa de la Cruz

Jan 09, 11

bookshelves: ya-books, sci-fi-fantasy, 2011-book-challenge-150-books
Read in January, 2011

It seems as if de la Cruz has become more interested in short fiction than truly long, involved, layered novels. I've enjoyed all her short stories, and I enjoyed these too...I laughed at the title of Oliver's episode: Another night in suck city. I've read the Flynn book and loved ti! I was interested in Allegra's story...when I quickly flipped through the book in the store, I thought Allegra had awakened, and her story was in present time, but no...we get to see her as a high school student, falling in love with Schuyler's father. I'm glad I have a face for him, since he's long gone by the time BLUE BLOODS begins. The last story, of Schuyler and Jack makes me like him more and more...we see him at his best and his worst here, and I truly, finally, for the first time, believe he really loves her.

Missed Mimi and want to know what's going on with her. I got lost several times in details from the previous books so I'll look at KEYS again tomorrow.

As a reader, I think this and MISGUIDED ANGEL could easily have been knitted together into one book. But then I'd've only paid $15 for it, instead of $30 for the two. I'm ready for de la Cruz to wrap this up, to give us a big, juicy, deep book. Stop playing with us, already.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloody Valentine.