Darcy's Reviews > Broken

Broken by Megan Hart

Oct 11, 2014

bookshelves: 2011, erotica
Read on January 09, 2011

I wasn't too sure what this book was going to bring by reading the synopsis. Then as I started reading I got it, Sadie was living vicariously through Joe and their chance encounter. You could see where they both really needed this lunch.

Sadie, because of her life, her husband a quadriplegic. I really felt for Sadie, you really felt her emotional ranges, grateful he was still alive, mad that her life was this now, and frustrated that Adam wouldn't or couldn't talk to her about his issues. I also get why she didn't talk to anyone about her issues, it would feel like she was betraying him, and leaving him was just not possible because even though things weren't great she did still love him.

Joe has other issues. He just seems to go with what people expect of him, which seems to be sleeping with most every woman that crosses his path. Underneath it you can see what he is missing, and that is a woman like Sadie. She is coming to be his ideal woman, one he wants, but can't every have.

Just like the title of this book, these people are Broken. The book is the story of them working their way back to some sort of normal, a normal that is not broken.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.