Trisha Wolfe's Reviews > Always a Witch

Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Jan 09, 11

Always a Witch picks up where the first book, Once a Witch, left off. This is a fun, fast read, yet Tamsin’s relationship with her family, best friend, and boyfriend, are deeply developed. The sibling rivalry between Tamsin and her sister, Rowena, is the first complication Tamsin faces as her new journey begins, and I thought it felt truly authentic. I love the setting of the Victorian-era the author chose for the trip back in time. Ms. MacCullough did an exception job making me feel as if I was experiencing everything from that time, while keeping it light- not bogging down the action with too much description. It was perfectly balanced. While I enjoy the relationship between Tamsin and Gabriel, they care for each other and protect each other, and their banter is wonderful, I only wish it was a bit more passionate. But for the feel of the novel, the romance was perfectly paced. This installment introduces us to more backstory between the Greene’s and Knight’s and their powers as well as introducing some interesting new characters. Tasmin was a much stronger character in this novel, and I loved that she never backed down. The twist at the end was unexpected, but I felt brought everything together in a satisfying conclusion.

A highly enjoyable read, I give Always a Witch 4 flames!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always a Witch.