Rachel Groves's Reviews > Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination

Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding

Jan 15, 11

bookshelves: light-read, british, brit-lit, read-2011
Read from January 13 to 15, 2011

I want to give this 3.5 stars really because it's better than 3 stars but loses half a star for getting a bit silly in the last quarter of the book.

Previously I really enjoyed Helen Fielding's Cause Celeb but didn't rate Bridget Jones Diary as I felt the format didn't do it justice.

Olivia Joules is definately more like Cause Celeb than Bridget Jones but it's not quite as good as Cause Celeb unfortunately. Having said that I did enjoy it as a fairly light frothy read but there were some violent moments which came a bit out of the blue.

I quite liked the Olivia character and the story and plot kept moving throughout the book which I followed with interest. Certainly a lot more entertaining than many chick lit type books I've tried before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination.

01/13/2011 page 123
35.0% "I loved Cause Celeb but didn't much enjoy Bridget Jones Diary. Olivia Joules in definately more Cause Celeb than Bridget thank goodness!"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue Jackson I liked Bridget Jones' Diary but haven't read anything else by Helen Fielding.