Katie's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Jan 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: borrowed-from-the-library, easy-breezy, nh, series, vampire, supernatural, fl-vacation-oct-2012
Read from January 06 to 26, 2013 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Oh, Ms. Harris, you really need to wrap this thing up! I once again find myself asking, "Self? Why are you still using your precious little reading time on these books?" This book most of all I felt like she is dragging out the series because of the show (True Blood)...I could totally picture the graphic fight scenes near the end and the sex scene on the porch swing like I'd just watched Anna P and What's his name going at it on my tv.

I had so many things to bitch about with this book! I'm pissed with the way she used Alcide in this one (all of four pages and making him out to be a complete @sshole and an idiot!). Eric is still saying "my lover" way too much, although not nearly as much as the last two books, and Sookie keeps calling him "my honeybuns" (which is bad enough on its own, but even worse when nicknaming an ancient, dead Viking!!). And then she made herself look dumb: talking about Sookie applying an ice pack to her "yahoo palace" (SERIOUSLY?!?!) and having Bill declare basically out of nowhere, "...you have a pair of breasts that should win the Miss America Tit Competition." Even her word choices made me irritated: "craven" must have been on her Word-of-the-Day calendar when she was writing the middle of the book 'cause she used it four times and in totally different (and bad) ways!!

I used to chuckle when I read these books and have a light-hearted good little read. Now I'm just appalled at what a mess the world of Sookie has become and my eyes hurt from rolling around so much:(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.

01/06/2013 page 16
01/10/2013 page 91
28.0% "Starting Chap. 4..."
show 8 hidden updates…