Dawn's Reviews > Museum of Thieves

Museum of Thieves by Lian Tanner

Mar 22, 13

Recommended for: Rose, Wendy, Kate F., Jess B., Annette, etc
Read in March, 2013

Very good MG story by Lian Tanner, who sounds pretty fascinating herself. It's an unusual and gripping story with interesting characters. It's well written and creative and has good dialogue. The descriptions made me feel like I was really there. You can tell that the author loves words. I especially liked some of her place names like Harry Mount and The Lady's Mile, as well as character names like Toadspit! Plus, Broo is awesome!

Lots of adventure, some danger and some violence, but fine for tweens and up. Precocious fourth and fifth graders could read it, but I'd want to read it with them or at least discuss it. Good themes like freedom, responsibility, and standing for truth and right despite risk. I recommend it to my friends who like fantasy or who like juvenile lit or who just like a good story! So, pretty much everyone. :) The Museum of Thieves is a place where you can learn Concealment by Sham, Concealment by Camouflage, and even Concealment by Imitation of Nothingness if you have the talent, so dive in!

This story is a good read aloud, as well, and I'd like to hear it done well on CD. Cool cover illustration, too, by the way. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Museum of Thieves.