♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐'s Reviews > The Stone Flower Garden

The Stone Flower Garden by Deborah Smith

Jan 08, 11

bookshelves: romance
Read in May, 2002

I read this book years ago and parts of it still stick in my mind. This is a 3.5 book for me because while I won't read it again, I do recommend it and I did enjoy it greatly. Darleen Union and Eli Wade are the stereotypical star crossed lovers. Darleen is from the rich social class. Eli is the servant peasant class. As children they were fast friends.

Why does it always start this way? And then due to some crime pinned on Eli's family, they are ripped apart? Years later they are reunited and this time, Eli is back as the talent genius in landscaping/stone work that we knew he would be.

Is this predictable? Were there no surprise? Of course it was and no there were no surprises. However, I still enjoyed it so much because Ms. Smith is a talented writer who writes from the heart. Her writing voice appeals to me. She invests so much angst and emotion which I can understand and enjoy. I feel something when I read her books which is why I enjoy them so much. I recommend this book to romance lovers who enjoy some emotional turmoil.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stone Flower Garden.