Patriciaw's Reviews > The Rhythm of Secrets

The Rhythm of Secrets by Patti Lacy

Jan 08, 2011

Read from January 08 to 13, 2011

Intense. Lots of secrets swirling around. Betrayal. Heartbreak. Love. Redemption.

Sheila has secrets, lots of them. Her whole life has been about secrets, beginning with the things her parents didn't tell her, didn't want her to know, up through the secrets she kept from her husband, secrets that now threaten her marriage and entire way of life. To find peace and to help her son, all of her secrets must be revealed.

Lacy tells the story through a series of flashbacks which read more like an expert intertwining of a contemporary novel with an historical one, two stories in one.

I found myself wanting, but not quite able, to skip over the narrative. Not because it wasn't good. Oh no. It's good. But because I was so drawn into the story, and so much of the storytelling is through Sheila's dialogue, that I found myself impatient to find out what would happen next.

This book is already on my list of top reads for 2011. Hard to imagine it getting knocked off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rhythm of Secrets.