Donovan Adams's Reviews > Think Twice

Think Twice by Lisa Scottoline

4751987
Jan 10, 2011

Read from January 08 to 10, 2011

Lisa Scottoline is one of my favorite authors and so I was very excited to begin reading this latest book revolving around the Rosato and Associates law firm. It did not disappoint. Revolving around the fact that Alice, Bennie's twin sister, takes over Bennie's life and attempts to completely ruin it. The chapters were very short, which is the case in many of her books, and although this structure might make most books come across as very choppy, it only helped to enhance the book. Each chapter focused on one of three characters: Mary DiNunzio, Bennie Rosato, or Alice Connely. What this format did was help to provide a character's viewpoint on a specific situation. Also, instead of placing multiple events on a single chapter to make it lengthy, then in the next chapter have another lengthy discussion on the same events but in a different character, we are given one event at a time, and a series of chapters on the same events with different characters. This allows the reader to clearly understand what event is being discussed without forgetting details. Also, when the characters are in different places, we are able to see what they are doing at the same time as somebody else. Also, along with the main storyline, we are given multiple subplots, which ties in easily with all three characters and their actions. The entire time I was reading the story, I was captivated by the events. I couldn't wait to see how everything was going to turn out when it seemed like all hope was lost. Also, when it seemed like the end was near, there was a whole new obstacle to leap for Bennie and Alice. This book brought the idea of an evil twin into a legal format and into a realistic situation that kept me enthralled.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think Twice.