Jae's Reviews > Safe Words

Safe Words by Chris Owen

Jan 08, 11

My Blackraven's Review of this title:

What a great continuation of one of the most outstanding series that I’ve had the pleasure to read. I fell in love with Tobias, Noah, Phan and all the gang when the Deviations series first came out a few years ago. It’s one of those things where you hope and hope that the authors will write more about the characters you’ve found so unforgettable. We all know that these follow-up stories usually fall flat…not that we don’t want them anyway. But that is NOT the case here. Safe Words lives up to its predecessors. It’s emotional, gritty and yet still fun. It will make you laugh and cry.
The entire story flows well from beginning to end making it hard to put the book down at any given point. I find it interesting that as far as books go there wasn’t any real overt dramatic plot line within the pages of Safe Words. But it was no less interesting for that fact. We start with a committed partnership and know we’re going to end with the same, but watching their journey to become closer and more in tune with one another was lovely indeed.

It’s silly of me I know, but I can’t help but hope that there is a spin-off story to be had within this world so that we’ll run into these wonderful characters again in the future.

If the Deviations Series is any indication of what can happen when two writers collaborate, then I think Chris Owen and Jodi Payne have a hit on their hands if they are so inclined to write together again.

If you haven’t read the Deviations series yet, don’t delay. I can’t imagine a scenario in which you wouldn’t enjoy it immensely. The journey the characters are on throughout the story is compelling and deeply moving.

Rated 5 Ravens by MacKenzie!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Safe Words.