Sheree's Reviews > Indefensible

Indefensible by Pamela Callow

Feb 03, 11

bookshelves: suspense-thriller, own, arc, read-in-2011, reviews
Read from January 08 to 20, 2011

Pamela Callow enters the illustrious realms of favoured suspense/thriller authors after turning out a brilliant 2nd book in the Kate Lange series. I was sceptical trying Pamela's debut novel, Damaged but that scepticism proved to be completely unwarrranted and I'm now convinced that Pamela Callow is a writer to be reckoned with in this genre.

Indefensible is a thrilling page turner with great character development, a clever plot and the necessary suspense and pace to keep you enthralled. I really enjoyed seeing Kate's growth from book 1 and I also got my wish to learn more about Kate's enigmatic boss, Randall Barrett. The cast of characters is very well portrayed; Nick and Lucy (Elise & Randall's children) Eddie, (Randall's disbarred lawyer) & furry characters Alaska & Charlie. I did have an inkling about the identity of the baddie before the author actually revealed it but that inkling came late in the book so it was quite refreshing to be kept in suspense for so long.

I guess Indefensible could be read as a stand-a-lone novel but as I'm rather obsessive about reading a series in order I recommend reading Damaged first. I'm sure it makes for a more cohesive, enjoyable experience.

The next installment, Tattooed is due for release January 2012 and as a Kate Lange fan I'll be keenly awaiting this one :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indefensible.

01/09/2011 page 35
01/18/2011 page 200
40.0% "enjoying this one"
show 2 hidden updates…